On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 at 16:55, ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk
<ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 2019-10-26 at 16:23 +0000, ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk wrote:
> > It's not just you who isn't receiving it. I'm not receiving Nch's
> > mail either.
> >
> > Nch, could you send an email directly to my mailserver at
> > <postmas...@nethack4.org>? That might help to debug whatever issues
> > are going wrong with the mail verification.
>
> Based on the verification information I saw from this, it's going to be
> pretty difficult for Nch's emails to appear genuine if going through
> the mailing list; there are multiple verification steps that seem
> almost impossible to comply with after the list has altered the
> message.
>
> I wonder whether it might be a sensible idea to get the mailing list to
> rewrite From: addresses, thus making the entire From-address
> verification step moot? (Perhaps only in the case of known problematic
> mail providers; does our software have an option for that?)

Our H. Distributor tried in June to enable from-address-rewriting for
messages with this problem, but I'm not sure it worked. See for
example my 2019-07-01 message to the discussion list [0].

omd, do you have any insight on what is going on?

[0]
https://mailman.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-discussion/2019-July/054651.html

--
- Falsifian