> On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:16 PM Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion <
> agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> > At least 2 or 3 times, someone's actually written a FAQ, and everyone
> > there at the time learns what they need to by editing/commenting on
> > it, then by the time someone else needs it, it's out of date or
> > forgotten.  (not saying the issue can't be solved, just an observation
> > of past times).
>
> We need to attach it to an office if we want it done routinely. We could
> either give it to, say, the Registrar, or make it a new office with only a
> monthly report, or attach it to Reportor when we bring that back.
>
> -Aris

Here's a proto for a new office. Anyone interested in holding it?

It would also be reasonable to attach it to Registrar. Seems
appropriate for the Registrar to help new players. Not sure how I feel
about the added responsibility right now, though.

Title: Official Guidance
AI: 1
Co-authors: Aris
Chamber: Participation

Enact a new power-1 rule titled "The Guide", with the following text:

      The Guide is an office; its holder is responsible for helping new
      players participate, and for teaching Agora's conventions and
      traditions. These responsibilities are also the purpose of Help
      Articles.

      A Help Article is a text, such as a frequently asked question and
      answer, or a longer article. Any player CAN create, destroy or
      amend a Help Article with Agoran Consent. The Guide SHOULD keep
      the Help Articles up to date.

      The Guide's monthly report includes a list of all Help Articles, and
      constitutes a self-ratifying attestation that that is a complete and
      accurate list thereof.

- Falsifian