On Tuesday, 26 May 2020, 02:14:30 GMT+1, nch via agora-business
<agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> Creating a proposal adds it to the Proposal Pool. Once a proposal
> is created, neither its text nor any of the aforementioned
> attributes can be changed except as described in the rules.

The ban on changing the text of a proposal was added to the rules specifically
to prevent the repeat of an escalator scam (in which a power-1 rule made a
power-3 change to the ruleset via editing a proposal between the end of the
voting period and the assessment of the proposal). This change would
reintroduce the scam.

At least the proposal's text and AI need to be secured against edits at power
3. (I'm not sure whether other properties need the same protection.)

--
ais523