On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 18:16, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> On 6/11/2020 10:55 AM, James Cook via agora-discussion wrote:
> >> When an Arbitration Case is unassigned, the Head Arbitrator CAN by
> >> announcement, and SHALL in a timely fashion, flip its Arbitrator to any
> >> other value. The Arbitrator SHALL NOT assign an Arbitration Case to a
> >> person who has a manifest interest in the case, whether monetary or
> >> otherwise.
> >
> > This puts the Arbitrator in a tough spot if everyone has an interest.
> > (I think it was mentioned equity cases in the past had a problem where
> > almost everyone had an interest.)
> >
> > What is the advantage of arbitration by contract over just having the
> > Referee / CFJ system handle things?
>
> Referee (or perhaps better, Notary) hasn't been tried and would be really
> interesting to do IMO.  But that could easily be private contract, too.

Oh, I just meant relying on the Referee and CFJ system as already
encoded in the rules. A contract can already defer punishment to the
Referee just by describing things as violations of the contract. (And
the CFJ system can come in when the Referee's levy is INEFFECTIVE
under R2531.)

- Falsifian