On Sat, Jun 20, 2020, 16:09 nch via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On 6/20/20 5:07 PM, Reuben Staley wrote:
> > Alternatively, we do have an IRC chat which is already an official
> > forum. Mayhaps if the Webmastor promoted this service, it could
> > encourage us to congregate there to answer new players' questions.
> >
> > --
> > Trigon
> >
> > (I haven't figured out my signature on mobile yet.)
>
> I'm pretty against the IRC tbh. It's less accessible than Discord and if
> you're not connected constantly you don't get to see previous messages.
> Obviously there's ways around this, but in the modern internet they're
> pretty arcane. I use discord daily across multiple devices for great
> success. If I was going to advocate for a chat client, it'd be that.

Some part of me despises that so many of my social groups have decided to
congregate on a completely proprietary chat system that offers so little
customization.

At the same time, I do concede that Discord is likely the most accessible
chat client out there and that real-time, accessible chat client is a very
good way to help people learn the ropes.

So here comes the poll part: what does everyone think about a chat client?
IRC or Discord? Something open like Matrix? There are lots of options here.
What's the call?

--
Trigon

(still working on the signature, please hold.)