On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 at 00:53, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via
agora-discussion <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> On 6/26/20 8:45 PM, James Cook via agora-business wrote:
> >       This SHOULD only be done if the
> >       contract's provisions ensure that its funds will be used solely
> >       for the betterment of Agora.
>
> I think we should change this to:
>       This SHOULD only be done if the contract's provisions ensure that
>       the funds received from Agora will be used solely for the
>       betterment of Agora.
>
> Some contracts may receive both Agoran and private funds, and only the
> Agoran funds should be restricted.

That's a good point.

An alternative would be for such a contract to be split into two
pieces, like when a corporation has a charitable foundation attached
to it. I think that would be kind of fun so am inclined to leave the
text as is, but could be persuaded to change it.

- Falsifian
  • Re: DIS: How and Whet... James Cook via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: How and... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
      • Contract cha... James Cook via agora-discussion
        • [Attn: G... James Cook via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... James Cook via agora-discussion
              • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
              • ... James Cook via agora-discussion
              • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
              • ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
              • ... James Cook via agora-discussion
              • ... nch via agora-discussion
              • ... nch via agora-discussion