meetings with ower people of rbi and the ministry although good will not get any steps forward as they are bound by certain rules, also they are mere implementers rather than decision-makers, the last possible option is to meet the finance minister to explain equovically the blind aren't able identify these new notes, the same should be withdrawn and restore the sizes of old notes, even if they have croers on new designs etc., its their headache to have come up with solutions including for the blind, we must bring this to pm's attention to find a immediate/suitable solution, or else, we will be left in the dark in the use of new notes
E-Mail:  subramani6...@gmail.com
Mob:  9738150192

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ketan Kothari via Ai" <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in>
To: "Share, empower &Enrich" <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in>
Cc: "Ketan Kothari" <muktake...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2017 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Ai] Representation to RBI for accessible Indian Currency, an update on meeting with RBI

Dear Friends,

Extremely good work.   I remember having participated in at least 2
meetings of this nature.  Unfortunately, not much has yielded.  Also,
the problem of coins is equally challenging and is getting worse.

Actually, I feel that we must take up this issue with the minister of
finance as at a certain level, RBI is also bound by executive orders.

With best wishes,

Ketan

On 9/20/17, Blind Graduates' Forum of India (BGFI) via Ai