Hi Viktor,

Maybe you could abstract the transport API and create multiple
implementations, with both Netty and Aeron, Aeron might not be as fast as
you think, some performance benchmark on different transports and keep a
updated score table to keep the user informed on what transport works best
under specific scenarios like:

   - Many small messages (high frequency with low latency)
   - Standard amount of messages with standard size (amount of messages and
   size TBD)
   - And for large messages.

So different transports and/or configuration of them might provide a better
performance for different scenarios.

My main concern is that nobody seems to be concerned AFAIK with this
subject nor aware on how slow the current remote transport is hence my post
subject "Akka remote communication roadmap?", at least it is slow for my
application and its configuration.

Best regards,

Guido.