I had found a good blog about the basics of the Akka Actor Model; and
everything looked cool.
However, I then started following up to look at the Akka Docs for
information about Best Practices to handle the complexities of distributed
At the moment; the options for handling this look pretty hairy to me; since
there seems to be a lot of reinventing-the-wheel for policies to ensure
Availability and Reliability.
I'm just trying to understand exactly how this would be used in Production;
without completely stressing-out DevOps.
Maybe there's a higher-level framework or tool that everyone else uses
Then, I saw a disclaimer in the Akka Docs about how certain APIs for Akka
Streams don't work well in a Remote Akka Actor Cluster scenario(1)
ActorPublisher and ActorSubscriber
cannot be used with remote actors,
because if signals of the Reactive Streams protocol (e.g. request) are lost
the the stream may deadlock.
Could anyone recommend a resource to learn about 'Next-Level, Best
Practices for Akka Actor Fault-Tolerance'?
The Akka Documentation isn't able to provide this kind of integrated
perspective that I'm looking for!
THANK YOU so much in advance for any information resources to help me find
out for myself the answers to the following:
* - TODO 1: SUPERVISOR-COORDINATED SHUTDOWN STRATEGY RECOMMENDED; but SPOF if
MASTER SUPERVISOR fails!
* - HOW to detect shutdown -- i.e. do we need to reinvent the wheel with our
own 'heartbeat'-check policy?
* - HOW to shutdown simply and gracefully; via having Supervisor MESSAGE
Children, so they can finish processing their event queues
* before final shutdown:
* - http://doc.akka.io/api/akka/2.3.0/#akka.actor.SupervisorStrategy
* SHUTDOWN (top-down or bottom-up?) of hierarchy via delegating
"Manager.gracefulStop() with timeout"
* OR via
* OR via
* - TODO 2: FAULT-TOLERANCE -- how is that managed to RECONSTITUTE state to
* bring up replacement Actor (e.g. recover from snapshot at time first Actor
* including replay of interim input message
queue while first Actor unavailable)
* - TODO 3: What is default message ordering to an Actor --
* However, with multiple Senders on one Receiver and network
latency; may not guarantee message order to Receiver
* corresponding to Sender's message order. i.e. Message Order is
NOT guaranteed, BUT serialization of messaged to Actor IS
* - TODO 4: find out best-practices for SUBSCRIBER retries on ACK-TIMEOUT
* - TODO 5: find out how to integrate with Cassandra distributed UUID
generator in a CLUSTER scenario for creating message
* Sequence IDs to deal with ordering issues from (TODO 3) above
>>>>>>>>>> Read the docs: http://akka.io/docs/
>>>>>>>>>> Check the FAQ:
>>>>>>>>>> Search the archives: https://groups.google.com/group/akka-user
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Akka
User List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/akka-user.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.