Interestingly, AddressFromURIString is also used in
akka.cluster.ClusterSettings - and so seeding using DNS names with
underscores in their hostnames is also problematic (especially as in my
example use cases I don't have any control over the choice of the DNS name).

Is this an intended design decision (if so, I'd like to understand this
decision better please) or should this be considered a bug/issue?

Many thanks,

  Carl.