Hi Carl,

I think that underscore in a hostname actually is not valid, if you look at
RFC 952, the definition host hostname boils down to:

<name>  ::= <let>[*[<let-or-digit-or-hyphen>]<let-or-digit>]

Which means a letter followed by zero or more letters, digits or hyphens
ending with a letter or a digit. I think docker actually has been changed
to not use underscore (I think this ticket is about
that https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/22057)

--
Johan
Akka Team