Yeah microservices and orchestration are bloody buzzwords :-)

As said, my sample is rather simple, but it should be enough to experience
the pain-points of microservices (distributed systems). And instead of
having my services communicate directly to each other they just raise
events which get send to the orchestration-service which will also be
implemented in several styles (Akka and the other planned solution is BPMN
saga with Camunda).
Once those are done, I am planning to implement everything using plain Akka
(each service its own actor-system) to get a comparison.

Thanks for your confirmation. I thought that I read somewhere that Akka
Http was only intended for internal communication within actor-systems and
it should not be used directly...but obviously I was mistaken.