On 13/01/2017 09:32 πμ, Gordon Findlay wrote:
Hi

I build (using jhalfs) a SYSV5 system from the SVN of 21/12/16.

Tonight I attempted to build another system, using jhalfs (trunk, newly
checked out), and had some trouble.

Firstly it required libncurses.so.5, which isn't a part of the standard
build. But building it using the note in LFS Chapt 6.20 fixed that.

But next jhalfs required libtinfo.so.5

(menu/mconf: error while loading shared libraries libtinfo.so.5 ... no
such file).

There is no libtinfo.so on the system. Have I missed installing it
somewhere? I cannot find it in either LFS or BLFS index.

Thanks for any advice

Slainte
Gordon

Did you try to create symlink libtinfo.so.5 -> libncurses.so.5 ?

--
Thanos