On 13/01/2017 10:51 πμ, Gordon Findlay wrote:

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Thanos Baloukas <baloukast...@sch.gr
<mailto:baloukast...@sch.gr>> wrote:

    On 13/01/2017 09:32 πμ, Gordon Findlay wrote:

        Hi

        I build (using jhalfs) a SYSV5 system from the SVN of 21/12/16.

        Tonight I attempted to build another system, using jhalfs
        (trunk, newly
        checked out), and had some trouble.

        Firstly it required libncurses.so.5, which isn't a part of the
        standard
        build. But building it using the note in LFS Chapt 6.20 fixed that.

        But next jhalfs required libtinfo.so.5

        (menu/mconf: error while loading shared libraries libtinfo.so.5
        ... no
        such file).

        There is no libtinfo.so on the system. Have I missed installing it
        somewhere? I cannot find it in either LFS or BLFS index.

        Thanks for any advice

        Slainte
        Gordon

    Did you try to create symlink libtinfo.so.5 -> libncurses.so

​Tried that, but the resulting menu was unusable (using the wrong
character set​) whereas menuconfig for the kernel works fine.

I guess you tried linking that to the wide-character library also.

--
Thanos