Trying again because I forgot to remove a "SPAM" header added by my silly ISP.
Sorry
Pierre

On 13/01/2017 10:22, Pierre Labastie wrote:
On 13/01/2017 09:51, Gordon Findlay wrote:

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Thanos Baloukas <baloukast...@sch.gr <mailto:baloukast...@sch.gr>> wrote:

    On 13/01/2017 09:32 πμ, Gordon Findlay wrote:

        Hi

        I build (using jhalfs) a SYSV5 system from the SVN of 21/12/16.

        Tonight I attempted to build another system, using jhalfs
        (trunk, newly
        checked out), and had some trouble.

        Firstly it required libncurses.so.5, which isn't a part of the
        standard
        build. But building it using the note in LFS Chapt 6.20 fixed
        that.

        But next jhalfs required libtinfo.so.5

        (menu/mconf: error while loading shared libraries
        libtinfo.so.5 ... no
        such file).

There is no libtinfo.so on the system. Have I missed installing it
        somewhere? I cannot find it in either LFS or BLFS index.

        Thanks for any advice

        Slainte
        Gordon

    Did you try to create symlink libtinfo.so.5 -> libncurses.so

​Tried that, but the resulting menu was unusable (using the wrong character set​) whereas menuconfig for the kernel works fine.

It looks like you have a version of mconf compiled against lib{ncurses,tinfo}.so.5, and somehow, those librairies were replaced by the .6 ones at some point. I'd suggest recompiling mconf:
make -C menu clean && make

Regards
Pierre