Yeah turning off and on Phantum maybe 1 thing. Cause if you don't need it or if you wana use a mike that doesn't take it Neal always always warns to shut it off. Love his tone of extreamly dangerous he uses when he does too.

On 6/20/2018 9:47 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
That's just the point.
You can set things to a default state and not worry about them.
Who cares if you're making recordings at a higher bit rate than needed.
At least the recording will be good so the only thing you really have to worry
about is having enough memory for that recording.
Memory is dirt cheap these days so this won't be a problem.
As for recording in MP3 mode? That's something I very rarely do but if I want
MP3 from my Zoom H6 then I just transfer the files I've recorded over to the PC
and have the PC sort all that out.
I've taken enough notes on the menu system for my Zoom H6 that I can get around
the system and make those changes I need to make but in the main I don't need
to touch anything there.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Thursday, 21 June 2018 9:16 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Recorders

Well let's take the Zoom F8 as an example. For my example I'll use myself. Most
things will be set it and forget it. Format for the most part I'd set to 192
KHZ 24 bits. Phantum power I might to save battery set it to 24 vults or heck
even 12. Cause I think I red my AT-8022 can work with only just 11. pre record
set it to the full 6 seconds. Done.
Now others may do differently, but what I guess I'm saying I'd only reset
things or set things keeping in mind the fact this doesn't talk.
But I would ask someone. Or yeah maybe Be My Eyes could come in handy.