Rode makes a very nice external Mic which plugs right into the
lightningport -- you have to not have the phone in a case for this to
work,but this records at least at a sample rate of 48k and bit depth
of 24.  The rode app will go higher, but I think my iphone 6 is not
powerful enough.  This will not work on iphone 7 and above unless you
cut off the part of the mount which covers the home button which is
not really a mechanical button.

On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 04:40:20 -0400,
Dane Trethowan wrote:

> Yep heaps of them and I'm sure other list members have some advice on this.
> I'm not really much into IOS products these days but I do plan to get one of
> the new iPad Pro machines towards the end of this year and when I do an
> external microphone will be on the table.
> I believe many of the standard USB microphones we know of such as the Blue
> Yetti can be used and I know of others that plug into a headphone jack if
> you own a microphone that has such a thing.
> So do yourself a favour in the meantime, do a Google search and see what you
> come up with, my bet is that you'll come up with enough devices to wet your
> appetite.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una