If you want to combine tracks into one as you seem to be suggesting from a
recorder point of view then you probably would be better looking at a
second-hand Sony Minidisc handheld such as the MZR-900 which actually has a
combine function.
I’ve just looked at the 2 Olympus recorders I have - the LS-p4 and the LS-100
and both lack a combine function it seems which is rather odd as I’m sure I
remember seeing such a function somewhere though I’ve never used it as I’m
willing to bet that the function probably wouldn’t be too useable without sight
thus I’ve used a computer to do that sort of thing.
The Zoom H6 does this sort of stuff of course but $600 plus is a lot of money
to pay when you already have the tools at your disposal - I.e. a computer.