No, I don’t have a HDR16 but I do know someone who does and he has demonstrated
it often enough to me both via FaceTime and with recordings captured directly
from it.
No point me getting a HDR16 as we don’t have HD radio in Australia but Tom
would be the first to agree with you that the AM of the HDR16 could b e
improved.
The AM of the PR-d17 is improved of that of the HDR16 however the PDR-17
doesn’t have facilities to receive HD AM or FM.