That is when AM radio is the best! There is always lots of leakage from the power grid.

On 8/17/2019 5:13 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
Point taken.
I have just returned to the land of the living if you like after deliberately
turning my power off for almost an hour to DX before the sun rises and even
then the noise from other sources was still noticeablenoticible I must be the
only person the world over who wishes for a neighbourhood power blackout for a
few hours from time-to-time.