Ah thanks for those notes. Yeah I'd go for the L battery Garry said or higher. But meh that's just me. Oh now I remembered another question well I said I'd go with a better L battery because of charge. But can this re-charge batteries? The Double A's that is? Again another complain that went on my feedback report to Zoom for the H6 and I took the liberty of suggesting a charger for the H5N as well. It's mad annoying to have to take them dam Double A's out all the time.

On 8/24/2020 6:16 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
You have to be a little careful too with the battery in place with the recorder
on the desk, a simple push can cause the recorder to over balance with the
weight of the battery on the back.

On 25 Aug 2020, at 8:02 am, Jerry Berrier <jlbli...@gmail.com> wrote:

If you link two tracks for stereo, you control them both with one knob. That
way the levels stay equal on both tracks.
I also got the L batteries, although I bought less expensive ones.
I cannot imagine putting the F6 on my belt, unless I wanted to risk my pants
falling down.  With the battery, it's kind of heavy.
I mostly use the recorder attached to my tripod that holds the parabola
apparatus.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2020 5:30 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Zoom F6 Recorder

I agree with you regarding the knobs on the H6, absolutely terrible adjustments
if you can’t see what you’re doing, the best adjustments like this can be found
on the F8n.
The knobs on the F8n are pointers and have considerable drag behind them when
adjusting.
The adjustments on the F6 are nearly as bad as the H6 though I suppose one could
argue that with Float-32 then who really gives a damn anyway <smile>.
Because of the small control area one could argue that the controls are cramped.
The Zoom F6 is a little bigger than your description suggests and I certainly
wouldn’t be too keen on clipping the F6 to a belt given the recorder is around
2 inches thick.
The F6 lie the H6 can be mounted on a tripod and a DSLR camera mounted on the
top.
The F6 can fit into a hand easily enough, the best position for a F6 is on a
table.
The XLFR connecters are down both sides, 3 on one and 3 on the other.
Another interesting aspect to the Zoom F6 and Zoom F8N is power.
The F6 by default is powered by 4 AA batteries but I suggest you think about an
alternative power source to these as alkaline or rechargeable batteries won’t
last too long with this recorder, rechargeable batteries cannot be charged from
within the recorder.
The F6 has a USB-C connector on the side which can be used to power the device
either with an AC Adapter or a Powerbank.
A power bank is without a doubt a cheap and handy option though for me a power
bank wasn’t even a consideration as that meant more devices to lug about and
more cables to connect.
The F6 can take the L camera series of Sony batteries and that’s what I settled
on to power the recorder, I got over 30 hours of power to the recorder from one
of these battery beasts though I should warn you that these batteries - if you
buy the branded Sony type along with the charger - don’t come cheap, almost a
quarter of the price of the recorder as a matter of fact for 2 batteries and
the charger which I’ll go into detail about some other time.
Anyway the L series batteries clip onto the back of the recorder.
The powering of the Zoom F8n is intriguing to say the least.
By default the F8N takes 8 AA perlite batteries.
On the rear of the machine is a power socket that can except any voltage power
supply from 9 to 18 volts.
Further to this there is another power socket on the side that can take the
same voltages.
The user can `priorities the power supply so that if one supply is exhausted
then the other supply takes over or if the voltage of one supply drops below a
certain level than another supply kicks in so in short the Zoom F6 and F8N can
perform literally hours upon hours of recording particularly in the case of the
F8N with its dual SD card slots along with the USB connectivity.