The groundhog was right Feb. 2.  Spring IS just around the corner.  Though the
ground is still thoroughly white, the icycles have fallen down from our eaves,
and most of the snow has melted off the roof.  The six skylights on our alpine
house are almost free of snow now. The temperature in there which has hovered
not much above freezing all winter is now over 50 degrees F (12 or 13 C). Best
of all, three of this year's NARGS seed pots germinated this morning in the
alpine house--Oxytropis podocarpa, Nemophila menziesii, and Linum perenne. I am
so ready!
Barbara van Achterberg
Easton, Connecticut USA zone 6