Harry T. Dewey

Long-time NARGS member Harry Tillinghast Dewey died February 17, 2016, age 95.
He was a professor of Library Science at various colleges and universities.
Harry served NARGS in many capacities, in particular the Potomac Valley
Chapter, helping organize national meetings. He was quick to see the potential
of the Internet and in 1995 he founded Alpine-L, a worldwide electronic rock
garden discussion group established as a Listserv, which he managed daily from
his home in Beltsville, Maryland.  Harry described the Internet and its
potential use to gardeners in the Rock Garden Quarterly in 2001 (vol. 59, pp
115-124).  He received the NARGS Award of Merit in 2002.  Harry was a keen and
interesting gardener, story teller and jokester, with a raucous, infectious
laugh.  Born on February 29, he died just shy of his 24th bissextile birthday.
Harry is survived by his spouse, E. Thomas Comstock.  Condolences to Tom at
3904 Parsons Rd., Chevy Chase, MD 20185-6733.