Takashi Iwai wrote:
>>This card is supposed to be 24bit/96Khz. In windows it works like this:
>>
>>4 i/o channels(2 in, 2 out) at 16bit/48Khz or less
>>3 i/o channels(2 in, 1 out or 1 in, 2 out) at 24bit/48Khz or less
>>1 channel at 24bit/96Khz
>

> interesting.  i don't find any mono channel on the descriptions.
> well, more investigations are necessary.

It is confusing to me also. From reading their docs I thought that the
card was all seperate mono channels lsusb has changed my opinion. I now
belive that Quattro stands for 2 stereo i/o devices not 4 mono i/o devices.

By saying in the docs that it supports 1 channel at 24bit/96Khz I guess
they mean 1 stereo in or 1 stereo out. that is good news to me becasue I
was under the impression that I had bought a turkey with only one mono
i/o channel at 24/96.

>>>i've tested usb mic from Labtec, and it works.
>>>so the problem is specific to the hardware, or multi-channels...
>>>

>>I just remembered that my mouse is a usb mouse too so that is not
>>unexpected.
>

> too much bandwidth?

Testing again with the new code didn't lock up my mouse and this time
the file actually recorded data although I still cannot capture noise.
Do you have any ideas on how I can adjust the input levels internally
seeing as the card has no apparent internal mixer?

Is this a case of having to write our own mixer device?

Does this part of lsusb have anything to do with mixer controls?

----
  wChannelConfig     0x0003
           Left Front (L)
           Right Front (R)