On 2002.07.23 13:33 Benny Sjostrand wrote:
> About other missing basic feutures, SPDIF input, 4 channels, multi PCM
> etc., well, I'm working on that, we see what I can do, at least there is
> a hope ...
[...]
> Please, test it and give some feedback, maybe there are things that was
> working before
> and are now broken., etc ...

    I've downloaded and installed your driver, but it seems that something
has changed in CVS since the rc2 release. Here's the error I'm getting:

[peter@porky als]$ aplay footsteps.wav Playing WAVE 'footsteps.wav' :
Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Mono
aplay: interval_inline.h:65: snd_interval_min: Assertion
`!snd_interval_empty(i)' failed.
Aborted...

    I'm using the CVS of all the ALSA packages. I'm very interested
in S/PDIF output on my Santa Cruz, and will be watching your releases
with earnest.
    One request, however: would you release the files by themselves?
(versus the whole alsa-driver-0.9.0rc2 package)  I didn't have time
to check, but are you modifying anything beyond files in the
pci/cs46xx folder?

    I tested the driver with CVS and your package as a whole, with
the same response. Could it be something in alsa-lib that's changed?

Good luck!

-- Peter Heatwole
"Murphy was just a well known pessimist."