On 2002.07.23 21:28 Benny Sjostrand wrote:
>> [peter@porky als]$ aplay footsteps.wav Playing WAVE 'footsteps.wav' :
>> Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Mono
>> aplay: interval_inline.h:65: snd_interval_min: Assertion
>> `!snd_interval_empty(i)' failed.
>> Aborted...

    This is odd. I was going to play with the driver some more this
morning, and when I tried to play a sound... it played! I didn't change
anything since I last tried it, except that I had my computer turned off
overnight. Perhaps it was the cold boot that effected it. Anyway, now it
plays, but I don't get IEC958 output, and the analog out was very
"tinny". I reloaded the module, and now the sound from analog out is
fine.
    I'll keep playing with it.

-- Peter Heatwole
"Murphy was just a well known pessimist."