On 2002.07.24 16:37 Peter Heatwole wrote:
>    Looking at the datasheets and schematics, it looks like the CS4630
> uses
> AC97 codecs to actually process and output it's iec958 frames. I could
> easily be wrong, but the schematics for the CS4630-CM don't show the
> circuitry necessary to power and control an iec958 line. It shows a pin,
> which I assume links to the codec (in my case, a CS4297A). Is there
> a datasheet that could show me what you mean?

    Hmm. Seems like I'm wrong. I just remembered you mentioned that the
Game Theatre only has 2 CS4294 codecs, which suggests that the CS4630
does indeed have it's own iec958 output pin. I wish I understood schematics
better. The one I was looking at must have just generalized and I took it
literally.

-- Peter Heatwole
"Murphy was just a well known pessimist."