At Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:46:36 +0200 (CEST),
Jaroslav wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > At Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:53:07 +0200,
> > Marcus Andersson wrote:

> > > That is probably just a conincident depending on the read
> > > pattern/processor load of your applications. Now it's just a matter of
> > > convincing someone to debug it. I might even do it myself. If the ALSA
> > > CVS would just compile. I have never experienced a project that cares so
> > > little about code checked in being compilable. Frustrating.
> >
> > hmm, i have no problem at all for compiling.  what problem do you
> > have?
> >
> > except for known compiler-check problem in the configure script, i've
>
> The last issue should be fixed as well.

i think another buglet in gentoo's list is not solved yet.
either gcc -v or compiler.h says something like

        xxxx-gcc-x.yz (GCC) x.yz (xxxx)

whether we handle only the case gcc-x.yz (GCC) (xxx).

won't it better to add and option to prevent the gcc version check?
of course, the version check should be enabled as default, though.