Marcus Andersson wrote:

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > btw, could you try the attached patch?
> > (and in-advance-scheduled excuse if it causes a hang-up :)
>
> I will try it. Do you think I can safely apply it to 0.9.4, or should I
> use cvs?

Tested with current cvs. It locks up my computer. I used alsa-lib 0.9.4,
as I can't build the latest:

mkdir .libs
rm -fr .libs/libcontrol.la .libs/libcontrol.* .libs/libcontrol.*
(cd . && ln -s cards.lo cards.lo)
(cd . && ln -s hcontrol.lo hcontrol.lo)
(cd . && ln -s control.lo control.lo)
(cd . && ln -s control_hw.lo control_hw.lo)
(cd . && ln -s control_shm.lo control_shm.lo)
(cd . && ln -s setup.lo setup.lo)
(cd . && ln -s control_symbols.lo control_symbols.lo)
ar cru .libs/libcontrol.al cards.lo hcontrol.lo control.lo control_hw.lo
control_shm.lo setup.lo control_symbols.lo
ar: cards.lo: Too many levels of symbolic links
make[2]: *** [libcontrol.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-lib/src/control'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-lib/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
debian:/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-lib#

Probably my system configuration that is screwed up.

But I don't think it matters, as I open() the device directly.

Marcus