On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 08:31, Tim Lipscomb wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been happily using my Audigy with 2.6.x kernels for a couple of months.
>
> I upgraded to 2.6.3 yesterday and the sound card is detected - but there is there is
> no sound for PCM.
>
> I know the driver has changed between versions.
>
> Has anyone else had problems like this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

Welp, I've been struggling to get my SB live 5.1 to work in 2.6.3 too. I
sent a follow up message to my threads last night plotting my progress
but, like an idiot, it came from my home address and is waiting for
moderation because that address is not subscribed to the list :(

The gist of it is, I HAVE to play to plug:spdif to get any kind of pcm
sound out of the coax spdif out. spdif SHOULD be the same as hw:3.0 on
my card. probing in proc shows that 3.0.0's state flips to ACTIVE when I
play to spdif so I KNOW thats the hardware device. However, if I play to
plug:hw:3.0 or plain old hw:3.0 I get nothing out of the spdif.

I have no clue as to why this would be. Anyone else know?

Wayde