Bdale and all,

What are the four holes on the middle of the TeleMini?  They look like they
might be for a CMOS level serial header.

If so, can they be used to reprogram the TI SOC?  If so, is it
theoretically possible for me to modify the firmware to accept serial input
data and transmit that data to the ground?  I am interested in a radio link
for my own electronics projects, but the RF part doesn't really interest
me.  X-Bees and so on do not have the range and very low power requirements
that TeleMetrum products do.  And since i need deployment control anyway,
TeleMini seems like its worth considering.

Summer is coming!

Cheers,
-Bryan