<#part sign=pgpmime>
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:43:57 -0600, Bryan Schmidt <bts-rock...@bluefx.com>
wrote:
> Thanks much Keith.  I may wind up using TeleDongle, and bit-banging would
> not be too bad if I can figure out the appropriate places to deal with it
> in your source code.

It's *possible* to tack wires on to a TeleMini board, but to do so
you'll need 30 ga wire wrap wire, a soldering iron with a super-fine
tip, and an inspection microscope or 10-15x visor to see what you're
doing.   Keith is correct that TeleMini wasn't really designed for this,
in order to hit the "fits in an 18mm coupler" design objective the
trade-off is that it isn't as flexible for hacking on as other boards
I've designed.

Note that I'm happy to sell you an unpackaged TeleDongle board, they're
in my web store under the hobby electronics category.  To program it
you'll need another Altus Metrum product like TeleDongle or TeleMetrum
and a programming cable.  If you don't already have any of our stuff, a
good first order for your project might be a packaged TeleDongle, an
unpackaged TeleDongle board, and a programming cable.  The unpackaged
board will ship with the standard TeleDongle firmware loaded as that
happens during my testing process.

Regards,

Bdale