W7AMI <terry.w7...@gmail.com> writes:

> I flew my TeleGPS equipped rocket yesterday.   It was a nice flight to
> 10K feet and as usual AltosDroid walked me right to the rocket.   No
> wandering around looking for it.  I had an anomaly that I didn't
> understand.   During the flight I received updates on the rockets
> direction and distance but never heard it announce the altitude or
> elevation angle.   It has reported these in the past.   I had GPS
> enabled on my phone.  The AltosDroid version is 1.6.4.   Any ideas what
> my have happened?

I'm not sure what I'm reporting for TeleGPS these days; I haven't flown
with it in a while. It definitely reports different things than either
TeleMetrum or TeleMega as it doesn't try to track the state of the
rocket flight.

> Also, it would be nice if AltosDroid reported the distance to the ground
> point the rocket is above instead of the slant distance to the rocket.

Yeah, I've been kinda wondering. I initially thought that the distance
to the rocket would help you figure out how big it might look in the
sky, but distance over the ground might be more useful. Of course, that
value is present on the screen.

--
-keith