Hi Holm

I've just started with amanda on Red Hat. Spent a long night getting it working (with
a lot of help from this list).

Here's my entry in xinetd.conf... (not touched)
==============
defaults
{
instances               = 60
        log_type                = SYSLOG authpriv
        log_on_success = HOST PID
        log_on_failure = HOST RECORD
}

includedir /etc/xinetd.d
===============
Here's the file "amanda" in the /etc/xinetd.d directory... (amanda is mentioned in
services)
===============
service amanda
{