On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 at 10:10am, Robert Kearey wrote

> It seems that the setup I've inherited has no indexing enabled, and
> I'm at a loss to understand why given the advantages. Is there some
> compelling reason to have indexing off? Can I just turn it on?

Not really.  Yes.

About the only consideration would be disk space.  The indexdir for my
Daily config (which has about 50 disklist entries) takes up ~110MB.  So
just make sure you have that much space in the partition in which the
indexdir resides.

> We have a 7 tape dds4 autoloader, running on Red Hat 7.0.

Hmmm, redhat.com address and running a version *two* releases old --
I wonder what message that sends... ;)

(7.1 here, btw)

--
Joshua Baker-LePain