Perfect.   Setting the one entery in /etc/amanda/Monthly_Mother/disklist
to localhost did it.  Thank you!

After I follow man amanda-auth(7) carefully, I'll try bsdtcp.

BTW, a quick read through man amanda-auth(7), for more detailed
information, it sends me to
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Server/Client_authentication
which sends me to man amanda-auth(7).  A document loop?

Additionally, for details on bsdtcp, man amanda-auth(7) page sends me to
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Configuring_bsd/bsdudp/bsdtcp_authentication
which says:
"For the authoritative documentation on configuring authentication in
Amanda, see amanda-auth(7)"
Another document loop?

I'm wondering if these circular document loops are helpful or needed.

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 11:57 -0600, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM, jo...@msli.com <jo...@msli.com> wrote:
> > Where do I read about why mother_inner isn't local?
>
> You need to use the hostname 'localhost'.  If this is a problem, you
> should set up BSDTCP instead.
>
> Dustin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attachment hereto
may contain confidential information of Meyer Sound Laboratories, Incorporated
and is intended for the personal and confidential use of the designated
recipient(s) only.  If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient), you have received this
message in error and any review, distribution, or copying of this message or
any attachment hereto is prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please promptly notify the sender and permanently delete it from your
computer.