What is your tapecycle set to ?

How many tapes are currently in the tapelist file ?

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 02:40:48PM -0400, Jean-Francois Malouin wrote:
> * Jean-Louis Martineau <martin...@zmanda.com> [20100803 13:35]:
> > I assume you put a tape you think amanda can use in the changer?
>
> yes, there are actually 24 slots allocated for amanda in the changer.
>
> > What is on that tape?
>
> all tapes are labeled correctly and the
> state file and tapelist are up to date.
>
> > Is it labeled? is it new? What's is your autolabel setting?
>
> autolabel is not set
>
> > What is the tapecycle? How many reusable tape in the tapelist file?
>
> tapecycle 60
>
> all tapes are in reuse mode.
>
> > What's the output of: amtape CONF taper
> > It fail on the first or second tape?
>
> ~# su amanda -c "~amanda/sbin/amtape down taper"
> slot 25: volume 'av48-2_down_Q00060' is still active and cannot be overwritten
> slot 26: volume 'av48-2_down_Q00061' is still active and cannot be overwritten
> slot 27: volume 'av48-2_down_Q00062' is still active and cannot be overwritten
> slot 40: volume 'av48-2_down_Q00075' is still active and cannot be overwritten
> slot 41: volume 'av48-2_down_Q00076'
> Will write to volume av48-2_down_Q00076 in slot 41.
>
> I haven't put new tapes in the changer ever since the error message
> appeared/. Bear in mind that amflush is findind writable tapae.
>
> thanks,
> jf
>

> > Jean-Louis
> >
> > Jean-Francois Malouin wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> This is for amanda-3.1.1.
> >>
> >> For the last week or so amreport has been giving me the error:
> >>
> >> FAILURE DUMP SUMMARY:
> >>   tutor /raid/data1 lev 0  partial taper: No acceptable volumes found
> >>
> >> every time a new tape is requested by the taper. The hold disk then
> >> fills up to capacity. amflush will notheless write to multiple tapes.
> >> I've been getting this since I've applied a patch for amstatus and
> >> taper but I don't understand how it could have messed up things like
> >> this as the patch just changed the taper logging. I can provide debug
> >> files upon request.
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> jf
---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cutt...@wadsworth.org

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.