Sorry for being late to reply as I was away from computer for last 5 days.

Has this system successfully passed an "amcheck configname"?

Yes, It works fine always. No errors found.

Here is the o/p

Holding disk /random//amanda/amandahold/test: 3881997 kB disk space available,
using 3881997 kB
slot 1: read label `TEST-1', date `20101124'
cannot overwrite active tape TEST-1
slot 2: read label `TEST-2', date `X'
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape TEST-2 label ok
Server check took 0.815 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.536 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.5.2p1)

@ Jon,

It doesn't show me 3.1.1 version available in CSW which I am using here. See
below,

/opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -c amanda
Checking catalog integrity with gpg.
gpg: Signature made Sun Oct 17 21:35:22 2010 CDT using DSA key ID A1999E90
gpg: Good signature from "Blastwave Software (Blastwave.org Inc.)
<softw...@blastwave.org>"
package                   installed                 catalog
CSWamanda                 2.5.2p1,REV=2008.05.21    SAME

Is openCSW for opensolaris or something, ofcourse I will google it now :)

Also, I am going to try using splitsize parameter and try again now. (5GB)

Thanks