On 05/22/2013 01:08 PM, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
The index doesn't seem to be all that is needed. I looked at one of the index files, and it contained all the items in that backup for that dle, but it didn't indicate what tape it went to. That seems to be in the logs.

I think I can see how to merge the index directories, because the indexes are all date/time/dle stamped. So, if I switched a client from the old server to the new server on, say May 16, then it's older indexes would be on the old server and it's newer ones would be on the new server. I could copy the old indexes over to the new server without stepping on anything.

However, the log files don't seem to be so neatly segmented, and I'm not sure how I would merge them.

Copy them all.

I would love to do a complete merge for another reason. While I moved all the clients to the new server yesterday, I commented out many of the dle's to avoid having a complete set of full backups done all at once. I expected to add a portion of the dle's each day through the end of this week. However, if I could do a complete merge of the Amanda databases from the old server to the new server, then the planner would have that information and would take care of everything for me. You kind of get spoiled using Amanda and end up expecting that sort of thing. ;-)

You should have copied the infodir (amgetconf CONFIG infofile).

Some application use statefile on the client (gnutar-listdir), you should moved them if you changed the path.

I think that's all you need:
   tapelist
   log files
   index directories