On 06/05/2013 03:56 PM, Brian Cuttler wrote:
Jean-Louis,

Thank you, I'm sorry I was unclear. Yes, of course the disklist
needs to be in place when I invoke amcheck on the server.

I'd meant that I need to find out how to up the file limit on
the client, which is a more difficult proposition since its
SMF/INET and not simply something I can script in cron on the
server. The fact that the client and the server are the same
box doesn't help much in this case.
It can help. use the 'local' auth, which is a fork of amandad instead of connecting to it. If you increase the limit for amcheck, then that amandad will get the same limit.

Jean-Louis

                                                thank you,

                                                Brian