>>>>> "DSB" == Debra S Baddorf <badd...@fnal.gov> writes:

DSB> Are you using the “robot” type changer?

Yes:

define changer magnum {
       tpchanger "chg-robot:/dev/sg8"
       property "tape-device" "0=tape:/dev/nst0"
       device-property "LEOM" "TRUE"
       device-property "BLOCK_SIZE" "512k"
       changerfile "/var/lib/amanda/chg-robot-dev-sg8"
}

DSB> The barcode match-up to tape name gets stored in that changerfile
DSB> (whatever name YOU put there; that’s my file name) and it might not
DSB> need to actually mount and scan the tapes each time.

Yes, the barcodes are all there as well as in the tapelist, and they're
all correct.  Pretty easy since the amanda labels and the barcode labels
are exactly the same.

DSB> Can you perform the following command?
DSB>      amtape [config] inventory

Yes, it works and runs quickly, reporting the tape labels and barcodes:

AMANDA:backup2:~> time amtape math inventory
slot 1: label C00023 barcode C00023
slot 2: label C00024 barcode C00024
slot 3: label C00025 barcode C00025
slot 4: label C00026 barcode C00026
slot 5: label C00027 barcode C00027
slot 6: label C00028 barcode C00028
slot 7: label C00029 barcode C00029
slot 8: label C00030 barcode C00030
slot 9: label C00031 barcode C00031
slot 10: label C00032 barcode C00032
slot 11: label C00033 barcode C00033
slot 12: label C00034 barcode C00034
slot 13: label C00035 barcode C00035
slot 14: label C00036 barcode C00036
slot 15: label C00037 barcode C00037
slot 16: label C00038 barcode C00038
slot 17: label C00039 barcode C00039
slot 18: label C00040 barcode C00040
slot 19: label C00041 barcode C00041 (in drive 0) (current)
slot 20: label C00042 barcode C00042
slot 21: label C00043 barcode C00043
slot 22: label C00044 barcode C00044
slot 23: empty (import/export slot)
amtape math inventory  0.18s user 0.03s system 9% cpu 2.051 total

(the missing slot is the dedicated cleaning tape)

 - JM<