Q to others:  does the client  have to have the same username and locations as
the server?

A  to you:  for my own peace of mind and ease of finding things,  I personally
would rebuild it from scratch.   But I only know about RedHat.  Then again,
you are already used to building from scratch,  so ….

Deb Baddorf