Close to working, but not quite.

Here is the line from /tmp/amanda/server/daily/amcheck.20170414130845.debug on
the server:

Fri Apr 14 13:08:45 2017: thd-0x2383200: amcheck-clients: exec: /usr/bin/ssh -x -o BatchMode=yes -o PreferredAuthentications=publickey -l backup -i /usr/local/etc/amanda/.ssh/id_rsa_daily_config kilgore.server.isb.nsm /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amandad -auth=ssh

The key is that it is asking to execute /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amandad on the client, but amandad is at /usr/lib/amanda/amandad. I had changed that in the authorized_keys file on the client, but where is the server getting that in the first place? How do I change it for this client, short of setting up that directory with a symlink? And, would a symlink even work? Or would the security checks disallow a symlink?

At the moment, I'm getting "Permission denied (publickey,password)." during
amcheck.