On 2017-10-22 13:38, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 2017-10-16 um 19:22 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
Am 2017-10-16 um 15:20 schrieb Jean-Louis Martineau:
Amanda 3.5 can do everything you want only by running the amdump command.

Using an holding disk:

* You configure two storages
* All dumps go to the holding disk
* All dumps are copied to each storages, not necessarily at the same
time or in the same run.
* The dumps stay in holding until they are copied to both storages
* You can tell amanda that everything must go to both storage or only
some dle full/incr

I now have set up a config like this:

define changer robot {
         tpchanger "chg-robot:/dev/sg3"
         property "tape-device" "0=tape:/dev/nst0"
         property "eject-before-unload" "no"
         property "use-slots" "1-8"
}

define tapetype LTO6 {
#comment "Created by amtapetype; compression enabled"
length 2442818848 kbytes # etwa 2.4 TB (sgw)
filemark 1806 kbytes
speed 74006 kps
blocksize 32 kbytes
part_size 200G
}

define storage myconf {
         tapepool "myconf"
         tapetype "LTO6"
         tpchanger "robot"
         labelstr "^CMR[0-9][0-9]*$"
         autoflush       yes
#       flush-threshold-dumped 100
#       flush-threshold-scheduled 100
#
#       lass alles in holding disk
  flush-threshold-dumped 400 # (or more)
  flush-threshold-scheduled      400 # (or more)
  taperflush     400
         runtapes 4
}

define storage archive {
         tapepool "archive"
         tapetype "LTO6"
         tpchanger "robot"
         labelstr "^ARC[0-9][0-9]*$"
         autoflush       yes
         flush-threshold-dumped 100
         flush-threshold-scheduled 100
         runtapes 4
         dump-selection ALL FULL
}

storage "myconf"
maxdumpsize -1
amrecover_changer "robot"

> 8<----------------
my goal:

I have to create a set of archive tapes for that customer, every 3
months or so.

With the above setup I now ran "amdump --no-taper myconf" which
collected all dumps on holdingdisk (did an "amadmin myconf force *"
before to force FULLs now).

As I understand that I could now do a plain amflush which should

(a) write to the tapes of tapepool "myconf" and

(b) leave the holdingdisk tarballs where they are, right?

(I am not yet sure about that "400" above, I want to keep data for all 4
tapes in the holdingdisk now and may reduce that to 100 for normal daily
runs without "--no-taper" or so)

After or before I additionally can do something like:

amvault myconf --dest-storage --latest-fulls archive

correct?
I think so, but I'm not 100% certain.

An additional hurdle is that the customer wants to use WORM tapes for
archive, so I should get that right at the first run to not waste any tapesPerhaps create a temporary virtual tape library for testing that the
archiving schedule works as expected? This is what I generally do when testing changes at work (although I usually do it using a copy of the main configuration so that I don't confuse the planner for the production backups with half a dozen runs in one day).