Am 2017-10-24 um 18:28 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> Am 2017-10-24 um 13:38 schrieb Austin S. Hemmelgarn:
>> On 2017-10-22 13:38, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>>> After or before I additionally can do something like:
>>>
>>> amvault myconf --dest-storage --latest-fulls archive
>>>
>>> correct?
>> I think so, but I'm not 100% certain.
>
> oh ;-)
>
>>> An additional hurdle is that the customer wants to use WORM tapes for
>>> archive, so I should get that right at the first run to not waste any
>>> tapes
>
>> Perhaps create a temporary virtual tape library for testing that the
>> archiving schedule works as expected?  This is what I generally do
>> when testing changes at work (although I usually do it using a copy of
>> the main configuration so that I don't confuse the planner for the
>> production backups with half a dozen runs in one day).
>
> Sure, that would be good, but I don't have that much disk space available.
>
> I am currently trying to wrap my head around the tuning of these
> parameters (and understand the exact meaning by reading the man page):
>
> flush-threshold-dumped
> flush-threshold-scheduled
> taperflush
>
> I had lev0 of all DLEs in the holding disk and both flush-threshold
> values on 400 -> I thought this would keep data for 4 tapes inside the
> disk, but no, some lev0 backups were flushed to primary storage already.
>
> Maybe I set up a VM with 2 vtape changers and play around there to learn
> and understand.

did that and created a basic config with 2 chg-disk changers:

DEFINE CHANGER disk1 {
      COMMENT             ""
      TAPEDEV             ""
      TPCHANGER           "chg-disk:/mnt/disk1"
      CHANGERDEV          ""
      CHANGERFILE         ""
      PROPERTY            "removable" "no"
      PROPERTY            "umount" "no"
      PROPERTY            "num-slot" "5"
      PROPERTY            "auto-create-slot" "yes"
      PROPERTY            "mount" "no"
}

DEFINE CHANGER disk2 {
      COMMENT             ""
      TAPEDEV             ""
      TPCHANGER           "chg-disk:/mnt/disk2"
      CHANGERDEV          ""
      CHANGERFILE         ""
      PROPERTY            "removable" "no"
      PROPERTY            "umount" "no"
      PROPERTY            "num-slot" "5"
      PROPERTY            "auto-create-slot" "yes"
      PROPERTY            "mount" "no"
}

DEFINE STORAGE daily {
      COMMENT             ""
      POLICY              "daily"
      TAPEDEV             ""
      TPCHANGER           "disk1"
      LABELSTR            "^daily[0-9][0-9]*$"
      AUTOLABEL           ""
      META-AUTOLABEL      ""
      TAPEPOOL            "daily"
      RUNTAPES            1
      TAPERSCAN           "lexi"
      TAPETYPE            "HARD-DISK"
      MAX-DLE-BY-VOLUME   1000000000
      TAPERALGO           SMALLEST
      TAPER-PARALLEL-WRITE 1
      EJECT-VOLUME        no
      ERASE-VOLUME        no
      DEVICE-OUTPUT-BUFFER-SIZE 1310720
      AUTOFLUSH           yes
      FLUSH-THRESHOLD-DUMPED 0
      FLUSH-THRESHOLD-SCHEDULED 0
      TAPERFLUSH          0
      REPORT-USE-MEDIA    yes
      REPORT-NEXT-MEDIA   yes
      INTERACTIVITY       ""
      SET-NO-REUSE        no
      ERASE-ON-FAILURE    no
      ERASE-ON-FULL       no
}

DEFINE STORAGE vault {
      COMMENT             ""
      POLICY              "daily"
      TAPEDEV             ""
      TPCHANGER           "disk2"
      LABELSTR            "^vault[0-9][0-9]*$"
      AUTOLABEL           ""
      META-AUTOLABEL      ""
      TAPEPOOL            "vault"
      RUNTAPES            1
      TAPERSCAN           "lexi"
      TAPETYPE            "HARD-DISK"
      MAX-DLE-BY-VOLUME   1000000000
      TAPERALGO           SMALLEST
      TAPER-PARALLEL-WRITE 1
      EJECT-VOLUME        no
      ERASE-VOLUME        no
      DEVICE-OUTPUT-BUFFER-SIZE 1310720
      AUTOFLUSH           yes
      FLUSH-THRESHOLD-DUMPED 0
      FLUSH-THRESHOLD-SCHEDULED 0
      TAPERFLUSH          0
      REPORT-USE-MEDIA    yes
      REPORT-NEXT-MEDIA   yes
      INTERACTIVITY       ""
      SET-NO-REUSE        no
      ERASE-ON-FAILURE    no
      ERASE-ON-FULL       no
}

-

I was able to label the vtapes in storage "daily" but can't figure out
why this command accesses changer "disk1" instead of "disk2" ->

$ /usr/sbin/amlabel  --storage vault --pool vault daily vault01 slot 1
Reading label...
Found label 'daily01' but it doesn't match the labelstr
'^daily[0-9][0-9]*$'.
Not writing label.
Not writing label.

tried several combinations of parameters etc ...