Am 2017-10-24 um 13:38 schrieb Austin S. Hemmelgarn:
On 2017-10-22 13:38, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
After or before I additionally can do something like:

amvault myconf --dest-storage --latest-fulls archive

correct?
I think so, but I'm not 100% certain.

oh ;-)

An additional hurdle is that the customer wants to use WORM tapes for
archive, so I should get that right at the first run to not waste any tapes

Perhaps create a temporary virtual tape library for testing that the archiving schedule works as expected?  This is what I generally do when testing changes at work (although I usually do it using a copy of the main configuration so that I don't confuse the planner for the production backups with half a dozen runs in one day).

Sure, that would be good, but I don't have that much disk space available.

I am currently trying to wrap my head around the tuning of these parameters (and understand the exact meaning by reading the man page):

flush-threshold-dumped
flush-threshold-scheduled
taperflush

I had lev0 of all DLEs in the holding disk and both flush-threshold values on 400 -> I thought this would keep data for 4 tapes inside the disk, but no, some lev0 backups were flushed to primary storage already.

Maybe I set up a VM with 2 vtape changers and play around there to learn and understand.

Stefan