On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 09:17:31 -0500, Greg Dickie wrote:
> running 3.4.5 and interactivity is set up

Okay, good.

>                                           but whatever I do to the
> /tmp/email_input file just recreates the message. I'm pretty sure if I put

You mean it just sends repeatedly sends new email messages?

The line at the bottom of each message should tell you want it is
waiting for, and i.e. the time stamp mentioned in that message should
change if you make any changes to the file.

Assume that it is monitoring the email_input file as expected, I belive
the fact that the dump hasn't proceeded implies that the taper doesn't
actually think it has an acceptable tape.  You may find some hints
regarding that problem in the taper.*.debug file.
("Amanda::Changer::Error" is a string I see there when the taper is
searching for a usuable volume.)

                                                                Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239