We've been working on some hyoooge slowness from certain NDMP restores
and several other concerns (like Solaris).   It's been disappointing,
but a fix is likely to make it into this project.

I'm sorry and apologize for dropping-off-the-map.  I actually have a
very-good-build working for what we need in-house but we need more moved
into the Github.  I'm becoming the C-and-Jenkins-and-build guy and we've
only one other working remotely also working on these issues.

In addition, we're planning to compare the two-track path that went from
tag-3.5.x --> 3_5 and the different path that went from tag-3.5.x -->
trunk/master.  Some of those are overlapping and some of those are not.
We're worried more of the new development was put under the 3_5 branch
and hasn't been fully moved to the master.

Some news at least:

    1) installcheck does work and is a pretty impressive self-test, but
requires an *onerous* list of Perl modules.

    [we should have a script that gathers them from CPAN and the like or
bundles them in].

    2) Solaris 10 as a client seems to build fine but one problem is
still showing up.

    3) Everything from Debian 8 and on and Centos 5 and on and Fedora
back a ways all seem to build okay.

    [Excepting only that Centos 6 doesn't support/have autoconf 2.64 and
above.]

I'll get back later and attempt to get some into the branches soon,
especially anything that's already used in Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora builds.