On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 17:21:10 +0000, Robert Reilly wrote:
> Here is the latest amandad debug file from the client
> https://gist.github.com/rreilly-edr/fcc7660a9393d292bfd1437c7636826a
>
> amdump log from server
> https://gist.github.com/rreilly-edr/cf306ce10c594bc7b9bf5c06a98722b2
>
> not sure what other debug logs make sense to send..

I take it you did set etimeout to "3600"?   Looks like what's happening
now is that the Amanda server side times out (after that 1 hour period)
when it hasn't heard back from the client, whereas before it was amandad
on the client which timed out (after 5.5 hours).  But both would seem to
be consistent with the underlying problem of calcsize never completing,
for whatever reason...

Have you tried switching to e.g. "estimate server" on one of the
affected DLEs?  That would give a hint as to whether the problem is with
"calcsize" per se or a more general problem with communication between
the clinet and the server.  (That is, with "estimate server" the client
shoudln't need to run calcsize and thus there wouldn't be a calcsize
process to get stuck... but then does the same thing happen with the
next activity that the client tries to do?)

                                                Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239