I'm not an expert but I'd set a tapechanger script that wakes the vtape by reading or writing something to the disk.

Il 20/09/2021 05:07, Jon LaBadie ha scritto:
is there a way to run a user supplied program just
before amanda's taper opens each tape file?  I.e.,
before it actually opens and creates a new file on
the tape.

Do I recall correctly that it opens a tmp file on
the vtape and when complete renames it?  Or am I
thinking of the chunks on the holding disk?

jon

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia